* Philosophy of Budo
* Philosophy of Ninjutsu
* Key Points to Finding the Gokui
* Enduring the Knowledge
* Do Not Neglect Self-Training
And Twelve More Sections...
* The Densho Lives
* From Ninpo to Ninjutsu
* Hojutsu and Ninjutsu
* Similarity Between Budo Performance and Drama Scenes
And Six More Sections...
* People Who Cannot Bear Life Do Not Live
* Endure Using Kuji
* Make Yourself Invisible
* Get Rid of Your Inferiority Complex
* Do Not Forget Humanity
* Learn Lessons Through Your Body
* Be Indifferent Toward Gossip
* Change Rather Than Progress
* Do Not Desire Jewelry
* Turn Three Poisons Into Three Medicines
* Live Your Everyday Life With The Mind of Sutemi
* If You Drink Sake, Drink Budô Sake
* Lessons We Learn From Demonstrations of Uke and Tori
And Twenty Four More Sections...
* The Attributes of Women and Methods of Self Defense
* Look For A Spouse Who Understands Seppuku
* The Mistakes of Love Should Be Dismissed
* Deceive and Be Deceived
* Friendship Between Men and Women
* Playing and Health
And Eight More Sections...
* The Concept of Zen Ken Ichijo
* Purpose of Shugyo, Purpose of Life
* On Divination and Fortune Telling
* From India to China to Japan
* Bushido and Art Theory
* Let's Go Gently
* The Camera Laughs
* Moroku Kenpo and Goketsu Kenpo
* Ninja Popularity and Me
* Training Will Still Be Fun After the Master Is Gone
* If You Do Not Have Anything, Use the Shinobi Tool
* Do Not Depend on ESP
* Gyokko Ryu Ten Ryaku Uchu Gassho
And Seventeen More Sections...
Modern budô students often forget to practice by themselves. I used to practice by myself. When there was no teacher, I found the secret teachings by my own desire. I used to go into the mountains and train with nature (trees, animals, etc.). I used to do uchikomi [striking skills], sakanage [throwing reversals], nagewaza [throwing techniques], sabaki [evading techniques], moguri [diving] and taihenjutsu [ground hitting skills] with trees. Similarly, I would train with animals. I would often read their intention, evade them, and practice nagewaza with the bigger animals. I learned to predict and to use the changes of nature. I did sumo with nature, also. In this way, I trained myself for my own benefit.
PERFORMANCES AND DRAMA SCENES
Mass communication is thriving these days. Because of that, I have more opportunities to teach and supervise budô performances and stunts. I have done research and supervised such movies as Shinobi no Mono and 007. The trend of tate [formal fighting scenes] has changed from tradition to realism, and from realism to abstraction. It is not always easy to judge which is better. We must all understand that a tate performance must be made to fit a scene. The most formal of tate can be seen in Kabuki.
DEMONSTRATIONS OF UKE AND TORI
The budô performance of uke [receiver] and tori [defender] is just like a couple [husband and wife]. If one of them does not do well, the other will not do well either.
I have many opportunities to be an intermediary for couples who will soon get married. I always say to the couple that the joy of married life comes from enduring while both are spiritually exposed. Then I usually present them with one of my budô secret writings.
* Fourteen Sections...
* Thirty Sections...